Friday, January 15, 2010

Serious: Just a couple things

Two things tonight.

1. As I have been struggling with doing what is right vs. what is easy, this verse got sent to me today: "For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right." (Psalm 84:11) I don't believe it's a coincidence, and I have to remember that the Lord doesn't promise us "easy." Looks like "right," here I come.

2. I am devastated for Haiti, and so angry at the people who are saying that it's "because they made a deal with the devil," or "made the wrong god angry." What good can come from saying any of that? There are people dying of thirst, hunger, or because they were crushed by debris...dead laying in the streets...survivors walking around numb trying to find their loved ones. WHY would anyone throw salt in those wounds? People in leadership positions should be the first to stand up and say that Christians will be praying for those affected - NOT giving Christians a bad name by saying such nonsense. It infuriates me. I am praying for Haiti, and hope you'll join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment